STM32_usb_Driver is unsigned. Can't load it on W7/64bit home premium

Jul 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM

As object.

Is there any possibility to have a signed version?

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:23 AM

+1. Without a signed version, the driver wouldn't start.

A partial workaround is to disable driver signature checking. Some options are:

Of these, only F8 worked on my system to allow the driver to get around the signature issue. It still didn't load: I got a "this driver cannot start (code 10)" message in Device Manager. I don't know how to fix that.

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Hi. Using DSEO to make a TEST Signing of the driver and to run windows in TEST MODE is a better workaround that permit to override F8 button on every startup.

You can find DSEO here http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo.

Anyway, all these methods are only workarounds, while having a signed version of the driver will solve every problem.

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hi,

I use Win 7 Home Premium. I used DSEO tool as described but still have STLink TEST unsigned. The MFDeploy doesn't recognize my stm32f4discovery.

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Make sure to connect both USB connectors of the discovery board to your PC. Use the ST-LINK driver with the mini-B USB connector, and the Test driver with the micro-B connector.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I use DSEO tool, connected both USB to my PC.

Uploaded tinybooter.

Now I have two devices: STMicroelectronics STLink donge and STM32F4 Test. The second device is displayed with yellow icon and properties shows code 52. Unfortunatelly is not working, MFDeploy doesn't recognize my board.

It's working now! Thanks.

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM
slycom wrote:

I use DSEO tool, connected both USB to my PC.

Uploaded tinybooter.

Now I have two devices: STMicroelectronics STLink donge and STM32F4 Test. The second device is displayed with yellow icon and properties shows code 52. Unfortunatelly is not working, MFDeploy doesn't recognize my board.

It's working now! Thanks.

How did you get the STM32F4 Test USB drivers to work? I tried on win7 64bit as well as winXP 32bit?

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hi,

I'm sorry for late response. 

I use DSEO tool, you should restart your PC after sign the driver then connect your STM board to your PC. I tried several times but finally it works!

Don't ask why it sometimes works and sometimes didn't.

regards,

Sylvester