Problem with flashing STM32F4-Discovery

May 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Hello!

I have problem with flashing a board via the ST-LINK utility. The board is STM32F4-Discovery. I made upgrade of ST-LINK utility to version 2.2.6 and erased chip. I downloaded hex file to MCU (Tinybooter.hex) but after reset nothing is happening.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Coordinator
May 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Hi hus

This looks like issue 1, please see http://netmf4stm32.codeplex.com/workitem/1

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Unfortunately I can't communicate with my STM32F4 Discovery board. I upgraded ST-LINK and I'm able flash the board but MFDeploy doesn't see my new device. The Win x64 also doesn't see that any new device has been attached to the computer. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I have the same issue on both Win 7 x64 and Win XP x32.

Can connect to Discovery board with ST -LINK and flash TinyBooter.hex into the device but pressing reset or re-attaching the USB cable does not cause windows to see a different device and ask for drivers. This is not the same as issue 1 as I am using the latest version of ST-LINK v2.3.0.

Has anybody have any thoughts ?

Andy

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Hi

TinyBooter.hex should be loaded via st-link, then connect discovery board to pc via usb micro (not st-link) and install usb drivers (Not working under Win7x64 - perefect Win XP Mode). Use MFDeploy and upload rest of the hex files.

Micart

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hi,

Your steps worked perfectly - thanks :-)

Andy